Thursday, December 4, 2014

Back the Track 5k

Ran a pretty large 5k in Marblehead on Saturday, over 800 people toed the line. Shalane Flanagan was there to help raise money for a new track. Got a great picture with her and the kids. The kids competed in the 1 mile race and did great. It was brutally cold out, in the high teens when we left the house. I went to the line with basically no warm-up, which is never a good thing for me. I think I ran pretty well, within a few seconds of my best to date-but not a ground breaker-which I think I'm do for given my volume and consistency recently. I suffered on the middle mile (there was a decent hill), but if I can iron that out and have a decent day I think I can get down into the mid 18's. Good enough for 31st place in a pretty big field. results
Splits:
1-5:55
2-12:14/6:20
3-18:20/6:05
5k-18:58/6:07

No comments:

Post a Comment