Monday, April 6, 2015

Odd comfort

Life has been pretty busy for me for the last few weeks, family, work, school-not always in that particular order. However, I've managed to keep the running consistent. There is something oddly comforting about looking at a consistent training log when life seems to be spinning by wildly. It is one of the few things you can control (baring injury) and managing to control at least that, when everything else seems out of control-helps.  I haven't managed any races since the beginning of the year but once the snow pack melted down the end of February I started incorporating a weekly fartlek and "longish" run into my daily grind.  Reading Nate Jenkins' blog he put me onto the Mona and 6/1 fartlek type workouts (I do about 3 miles on the Mona and an 8/1 instead of the 6/1). I'm itching to get in a race to test my fitness, it's just been tough finding something close by and on the weekend with other commitments etc. I'll probably look for some less than 5 mile races in the near future-see if I can't get that 5k down into the mid 18's.

Ahhhh this makes me feel good....


No comments:

Post a Comment