Sunday, May 31, 2015

Spring Update

Jumped into a couple races over the last few weeks. Trav's Trail race in Newburyport and the Dory Run next door in Swampscott. Both races fell flat. Based on my consistency of 45-50 miles a week, I thought I'd be in for better results, but was a bit disappointed in both. In both races I ended up running alone from about half way on, not a great spot for me. Both cases I should have pushed up to try and hang on ( in both races I had opportunities-like when 49 year old Mimi Fallon made me her bitch around mile 2 at Trav's race). I think lack of racing played a part in the results, but for the Dory run I may have been fighting allergies or a cold. I ran easy the two days after the Dory Run and then took a zero the next day as I felt like crap. I'm going to keep finding 5k's, work towards seeing if I can't handle 50 mpw more consistently, and see if I can't drop a few pounds. I think sub 6 is doable.
Trav's:
1-6:29
2-6:37
3-6:13
total:19:20/6:27
 results

Dory Run:
1-5:59
2-6:17
3-6:19
3.1-total: 19:30/6:11
results

No comments:

Post a Comment